With more than 6000 islands both big and small, no other country in Europe. Although the number of inhabited islands is just 227, you can still explore the impeccable beauty of the country while sailing Greek islands. The country boasts several major island groups for your exploration including the Cyclades, Sporades, Argo-Saronic, Dodecanese and the northeastern Aegean.
Every group of the island has its own unique history, traditions, culture and idiosyncratic geography. If you are still not sure of how to start your trip planning and what islands to include in your itinerary, here is a brief description of the top 3 most popular island groups that you must not miss –
Personalized Cyclades tour
Cubic white washed houses, potted geraniums, and blue-domed churches are some of the most captivating images that the rocky islands of Cyclades offer. Comprising 56 islands, the Cyclades provides a challenging yet visually alluring sailing experience for the travelers. The far-fetched islands along with the Meltemi winds of summer may create great turbulence while sailing. Surely, it allows you to have the most thrilling experiences in your life.
If you plan a two weeks tour to the Cyclades, you should definitely pay a visit to the following islands –
- Mykonos – A renowned historical place in the country incorporating the plethora of this for you ranging from exotic weather conditions to authentic local delicacies.
- Santorini – Rich for its traditional culture and splendid atmosphere, Santorini offers a plethora of breathtaking scenarios while sailing.
- Milos – Enjoy fun-filled hiking experience around Milos, a volcanic island. Its magnificent sea caves and rock formations together form the major attraction for most of the visitors.
- Sifnos – Being a rugged island, its criss-cross pathways spreading around 60 miles leads you to the golden sandy beaches.
- Kythnos -This one of the most less-traveled islands amongst tourists retains its picturesque beauty. You should definitely explore its historic churches and wild countryside.
The Sporades sailing – a luxurious experience
Surrounded by the dense olive groves, pinewoods, fruit orchards as well as emerald waters, the lush green ambiance of Sporades provides a complete escape to you from your daily life tensions. Having the cleanest waters of the Aegean Sea, this group of 11 islands numerous adventure filled activities for you. Some of the most serene islands in this group may include –
The Ionian bareback sailing
A pine-scented island, the Ionians presents a beautiful picture of cypress and olive groves along with the pastel-coloured building of Venetian era. The turquoise waters of these islands will surely tempt you to go deep into their heart. While you are on a trip of sailing Greek islands, you must not forget to include the following major islands of this group –
Greecefully, being a popular bespoke travel agent creates endless opportunities of sailing Greek islands for you with its tailor-made tour packages. Having explored every corner of the country, it holds great expertise in suggesting you the best-suited places for your itinerary.